The Series 2000 AutoDrill is a pneumatic controlled self-feeder drill. It is the most versatile drill machine in AutoDrill’s line up. This unit is most often provided with the optional Hydro Speed feed control. The self contained hydraulic feed control (sometimes called Hydro Feed or Hydro-Brake) is useful when a clean hole breakthrough is desired. It also improves hole roundness in thin sections, control when drilling smaller hole sizes, managing the HP requirement on larger hole processes or when two-speed operation is desired. We also offer SkipFeed and PeckFeed options for the 2000 series units.
The main features of the Series 2000 AutoDrill are:
- Self feeding drill capabilities
- Self feeding tap capabilities
- Multiple Hydro Speed feed control options
- Can receive and drive multiple drill spindle attachments
- Thrust forces to 500 lbs on shop air
- Multiple motor drive options available to suit the application
- Spindles speeds from 80 to 6,000 RPM
- Spindle Stroke from minimum to 9.000″
- Up to 8″ of Hydraulic Hydro Speed feed control
- Custom configurations for close C-C drilling
- Built-in precision depth control
- All position mounting options
- Standard Key-Type Chuck
- Precision ER Style Collet Chuck (ER16, ER20, ER25 and ER32)
- Custom spindles available for your special tooling
- Electric or Air Motor drive options up to 2 HP
The Hydro Speed unit controls the critical drilling process and breakthrough rate. SkipFeed Hydro Speed units are available for pipe drilling or other multi-wall drill processes. PeckFeed units are available for deep hole drilling where the depth of the hole requires that you remove the tooling to clear the chips or drilling debris. Maintenance is very simple with these units as their component design allows certain parts to be interchanged or replaced without disturbing the drill body or your custom fixture.
AutoDrill will gladly provide a no obligation quotation based on your actual application needs. Please CONTACT US to discuss your application and receive prompt product cost, literature and technical help.
You can click below for more information on the self feed AutoDrill 2000 series options.